At the meeting of the State Youth Council of 19 April 2016 two sections were set up: the Research and Evaluation Section and Foresight Section. They are responsible for planning and preparing the issues within their mandate for decision-making at the Advisory Council.
The term of the sections extends until the end of the term of the State Youth Council on August 2019.
Research and Evaluation Section
Chair: Daniel Sazonov, Youth League of the National Coalition Party
Secretary: Anna-Maria Tenojoki, State Youth Council
Santeri Lohi, Union of Local Youth Councils in Finland Nuva
Anna Munsterhjelm, Guides and Scouts of Finland
Jenni Helenius, MLL
Tomi Kiilakoski, Finnish Youth Research Society
Hanna Wass, University of Helsinki
Riitta Veijola, City of Oulu, Finnish network of local government youth work
Niklas Salmela, Espoo Youth Council
Valtteri Heinonen, Ruuti Core Group Helsinki
- Questions to be considered: What is to be evaluated, when and by/with whom? How is the evaluation data to be utilised to enhance the visibility of the Council’s work?
- Promoting youth impact assessments
- Preparation of the biannual evaluations on the progress of the Government Programme and a report on the state of wellbeing among young people
- Targeted evaluations on topical issues
- Preparation of the evaluation of the Development Programme for Child and Youth Policy
- Preparation of studies of the Advisory Council (follow-up and evaluations) on a broad basis (who is not being seen/heard)?
- Evaluation perspective on international development and cooperation in the field
Chair: Samuli Voutila, Finns Party Youth
Secretary: Herttaliisa Tuure, State Youth Council
Jari Järvenpää, Finnish Youth Cooperation Allianssi
Lotta Kortteinen, Federation of Green Youth and Students ViNO
Elina Kiiski Kataja, Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra
Jouni Kivilahti, City of Lahti, Finnish network of local government youth work
- Questions to be considered: How central government measures impact on young people? How are the foresight scenarios being utilised to enhance the visibility of the Council’s work?
- Specification of important matters of principle with far-reaching consequences for the young and preparation of opinions and statements concerning these
- Outlining the main youth policy strategies in the light of the current knowledge (what will happen if youth policy continues as it is at present, what kind of changes are needed)
- Preparation of a futures strategy on youth policy for the Advisory Council
- Preparation of studies in support of the section’s work