At the meeting of the State Youth Council of 22 October 2019 two sections were set up: the Research and Foresight Section and Evaluation Section. They are responsible for planning and preparing the issues within their mandate for decision-making at the Advisory Council.
The term of the sections extends until the end of the term of the State Youth Council on August 2023.
Research and Foresight Section
Chair: Suvi Mäkeläinen, Youth League of the National Coalition Party
Jenni Helenius, Mannerheim League for Child Welfare
Mirva Matikka, Scouts and Guides of Finland
Virva Viljanen, The Finnish National Youth Council Allianssi
Liina Isto, Finns Party
Lotta Haikkola, Finnish Youth Research Society
Hanna Wass, University of Helsinki
Riikka Ikonen, Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
Kaisa Oksanen, Prime Minister’s Office
Jenna Lähdemäki-Pekkinen, Sitra
- Questions to be considered: How central government measures impact on young people? How are the foresight scenarios being utilised to enhance the visibility of the Council’s work?
- Specification of important matters of principle with far-reaching consequences for the young and preparation of opinions and statements concerning these
- Outlining the main youth policy strategies in the light of the current knowledge (what will happen if youth policy continues as it is at present, what kind of changes are needed)
- Preparation of a futures strategy on youth policy for the Advisory Council
- Preparation of studies in support of the section’s work
Chair: Amanda Pasanen, Green League
Miihkali Härkönen, Finnish Nature League
Heikki Luoto, The Union of Upper Secondary School Students in Finland
Pinja Parkkonen, Sitra
Kaijus Ervasti, Prime Minister’s Office / Finnish Council of Regulatory Impact Analysis
Anna-Liisa Pasanen, The National Audit Office of Finland (NAOF)
- Questions to be considered: What is to be evaluated, when and by/with whom? How is the evaluation data to be utilised to enhance the visibility of the Council’s work?
- Promoting youth impact assessments
- Preparation of the biannual evaluation on the progress of The National Youth Work and Policy Programme
- Targeted evaluations on topical issues